UCLA Partners in Excellence for
Leadership in MCH Nutrition Education
MCHB Training Program Description
The goal of this program is to develop leadership, advance scholarship and promote partnerships for the improvement of the nutritional health of mothers and children, including those with special needs and their families, especially in the West. This is accomplished by:
- Providing at least 4 scholarships per year to support nutrition graduate students at the partner institutions with an emphasis on leadership development.
- Contributing to the MCH nutrition knowledge base through research and publications.
- Supporting an annual leadership training and networking meeting of the 13-state Western MCH Nutrition Leadership Network for public health nutritionists.
- Providing continuing education for personnel of Title V and related programs, especially those serving underrepresented communities, incorporating distance learning technology when appropriate.
- Serving as a local, regional and national MCH nutrition resource by proving technical assistance and consultation to Title V and other MCH programs.
- Coordinating an interactive website forum for discussion of MCH nutrition topics.
Each year we have at least 4 trainees (students) funded by MCHB while they pursue a nutrition graduate degree. We are especially recruiting trainees who represent the culturally diverse maternal and child populations of the western United States.
|Western Partners Recruitment flyer.pdf||246.32 KB|